(Pocket-lint) - In October 2021, Apple rolled retired an update for the HomePod and HomePod mini speakers, adding enactment for Apple Music lossless playback and Dolby Atmos spatial audio. It's a much-awaited update, fixed Apple Music lossless deed iOS, iPadOS, macOS, and Apple TV 4K devices the summertime before.
What is Apple Music lossless?
Apple Music's lossless audio is the sanction fixed to euphony tracks connected Apple Music that are successful a higher-resolution format than normal. That means you tin perceive to euphony that hasn't been compressed and truthful retains each the item and nuance of the archetypal recordings. Apple Music's lossless audio offers users the enactment to perceive to higher bitrate euphony tracks, with a mates of "lossless" options.
It uses the ALAC (Apple Lossless Audio Codec) record benignant and offers antithetic types:
- Lossless Audio (up to 24-bit astatine 48kHz)
- Hi-Res Lossless Audio (up to 24 spot astatine 192kHz)
To larn much astir Apple Music lossless, spot Pocket-lint's guide:
How to perceive to lossless connected your HomePod
- You request a HomePod oregon HomePod mini updated to the latest bundle update.
- You besides request the Home app connected the iPhone oregon iPad that was utilized to acceptable up your HomePod.
Turn lossless connected oregon off
- On your iPhone oregon iPad, unfastened the Home app.
- Tap the Home button.
- Tap Home Settings.
- Under People, pat your name.
- Tap Apple Music.
- Turn Lossless Audio connected oregon off.
Want to cognize more?
Pocket-lint has these in-depth guides:
- What is Apple Music Lossless Audio, however tin you get it and what devices work?
- How to crook connected Apple Music Lossless Audio and get it working
- What is Apple Music and however does it work?
- Apple Music Voice Plan: Who is it for and however does it work?
Apple besides has a support page for Apple Music lossless.
Writing by Maggie Tillman. Originally published connected 25 October 2021.